Sanneh celebrating a past goal
Sanneh header lifts Sharks over Posta
By Imran Otieno | Sun 17 Jun, 2018 14:17

Ebrimma Sanneh came off the bench to fire Kariobangi Sharks to a 1-0 win over Posta Rangers in a Kenyan Premier League match staged at the Camp Toyoyo grounds on Sunday 17 June.


William Muluya tinkered his side that started last time out in the midweek win against Nzoia Sugar bringing on Patillah Omotto and Wycliffe Onyango for Harrison Mwendwa and Geoffrey Shiveka who was down with an illness. His opposite number Sammy Pamzo Omollo brought in Patrick Matasi and Joakins Atudo who were out with National team assignments in the Intercontinental Cup. Georson Likonoh started on the bench as Jerry Santos pushed in the midfield while Kennedy Otieno slotted in at the center back role.

Posta dominated the early exchanges as they enjoyed the lion's share of possession and almost broke the deadlock when Atudo stung the palms of John Oyemba with his trade mark free kick. Sharks slowly settled into the game but creativity in the final third let them down as they were reduced to playing long balls and shooting from range. The first half drew to a close with both teams scoreless.

Second Half

Pamzo was first to roll his dice at the start of the second half bringing in Cavin Odongo for Georson Likonoh. Duke Abuya spurned a great chance to open the scoring when he fired his effort wide from Omwenga's low driven cross. Abuya missed another glorious opportunity at the stroke of the hour mark skying his effort after George Abege's brilliant cut back.

Sharks handed Moses Mwangi his debut as he came on for Bolton Omwenga. Dennis Mukaisi should have done better with his effort which went agonizingly close as it trickled wide after Jeremiah Wanjala's cut back. Pamzo's men were meant to rue their missed chances as Harrison Mwendwa floated in an inch perfect cross that was brilliantly guided in by substitute Ebrimma Sanneh to hand Sharks the lead in the 75th minute. 

Sharks almost got their assurance goal in the 90 minute but Abege's effort was cleared off the line by Atudo. Two minutes later Yidah couldn't get the needed direction to get his effort on target from Omotto's free kick.

Sharks held on for their 1-0 win to pick up three consecutive league wins following victories over Bandari and Nzoia. 

Imran Otieno
Twitter: @Imran_Otieno
Related Articles
2015 CECAFA Kagame Cup champions Azam FC have begun their quest to head back to the fore of East Afr...
The 20th Week of the Kenyan Premier League comes around starting Saturday 16 June with matches sprea...

Leave a comment